- 1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
- When I'm telling someone how I feel.
- 2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
- The last time i was REALLY angry was because I felt that person A shouldn't be unfair to person B after what person B's done for person A and I am pretty sure I will always feel the same way.
- 3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
- I would call my dad. Tell him how thankful I've been for all that he's done for me and how he had been a great influence on trying to guide me on the right path...and if there was someone special in my life i would ask my dad to go meet him for my sake.
- 4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
- I wouldn't tell anybody that I was going to die besides my parents because I wouldn't want people to feel sorry for me or treat me differently for one month before i died. I would make the most out of my last few days, try to call or message everyone that had an impact on my life and tell them thanks...visit some places that I've always wanted to, and pray to God to make my death a peaceful one. Isn't everyone afraid of death?
- 5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
- I would choose trust only because I just find it more valuable, it's something that is rare to find and I feel that you can still love someone and not trust them.
- 6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
- i would save the dog's life because I hate having to see dead animals on the side of the road and car's going over them, it's heartbreaking.
- 7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
- Eh, this is hard......I really can't pick...I did pick trust in the other question..but i feel like I'd be more hurt by the one I loved.
- 8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
- I probably said or would say something along the lines of...you're kidding, right? well then, this is a little awkward.
- 9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
- Of course I would, even if I never knew the person I would do it. If they knew they had an hour left, they would use it wisely. However if you knew you had a year left, you would feel like you still had a lot of time left, but an hour? You would use that ish wisely.
- 10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
- 11. Does love = sex?
- eh, not in my opinion.
- 12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
- I would leave the company to give my coworker his/her job because he/she has no other income and needs the money more while I would probably have a husband who would be making enough money to support the family.
- 13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
- Uhmm...probably something last/this week...i don't exactly remember what it was though.
- 14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite/same sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
- It's harder for me to say I don't love them back because I feel bad for what they have to go through.
- 15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
- My cat, she's like my little baby girl and I would be devastated if I had to give her up since I'm so attached to her....I mean I plan on bringing her to my wedding REGARDLESS of anyone's opinion.
- 16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
- My dad through a thank you/grateful book I made for him. It's kind of hard for me to actually say the phrase when I really mean it.
- 17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
- I don't remember if it was last month or November, but there is definitely one moment that I would change..more like stop happening because I know it was wrong and it led to so many things. It was horrible. If I could erase that moment, I would. No doubt.
- 18. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
- If I remembered how to do CPR at that time, I would because I don't know if the person wanted to live or not...'homeless' should not be a label that decides if the person lives or not, that's horrible.
- 19.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
- My grandma died a while back....but I was really attached to her and she was one of the best human beings I have ever seen in my life. I would probably save my grandma and let go of my newborn hoping God would give me the chance in the future of having another one with no cliffs involved.
- 20. Are you old fashioned?
- Somewhat, but not too much.
- 21. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
- When I was at the grocery store and I let a middle-aged man go in front of me.
- 22.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
- True love with a guarantee of a broken heart. I was able to find true love, and it may have hurt, but I still experienced every bit of it.
- 23.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
- 4 things in order of importance.
- -- Ask for my grandma back
- --Ask for my mom's khala's cancer to get better and give her a healthy life
- --Ask for my parents to be together happily with no fights
- --Ask for my cousin to go away from my family's life forever with no footprints
- 1: What are you wearing?
- a long purple sweater and some uggs, and just to let it out there...i even did my nails. hayyy ;)
- 2: Ever been in love?
- you can be in love a lot of times, or you may think you are...so hmm..i wonder. guess we'll never know.
- 3: Ever had a terrible breakup?
- oh gosh, eh.
- 4: How tall are you?
- im a shawwty.
- 5: How much do you weigh?
- less than a 100, more than 90. i vary around in the middle.
- 6: Any tattoos do you want?
- if i could i would, but i can't so i shan't.
- 7: Any piercings that you want?
- i want my nose...and uh i wouldn't mind a bellybutton piercing either. corpse, u wanna get one? lawlz.
- 8: OTP?
- say what? freaking acronyms. i don't know all of them now.
- 9: Favorite Show?
- currently in order...since I can't pick just one... Grey's Anatomy, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Bade Ache Lagte Hain, Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
- 10: Favorite bands?
- None really at the moment.
- 11: Something you miss?
- Nah, I don't miss a thing, i miss someone. I miss my grandma.
- 12: Favorite song?
- Don't really have that either.
- 13: How old are you?
- Old enough to be legal.
- 14: Zodiac sign?
- 15: Hair Color?
- Its naturally black, but I dyed it so its like maroonish red.
- 16: Favorite Quote?
- Today's fav : “The scariest thing is when people look up to you but you know the truth about your own self.” — Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam
- 17: Favorite singer?
- Don't have one.
- 18: Favorite color?
- i like royal blue currently
- 19: Loud music or soft?
- 20: Where do you go when you're sad?
- on tumblr.
- 21: How long does it take you to shower?
- 22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- 40-50 mins.
- 23: Ever been in a physical fight?
- 24: Turn on?
- smile, eyes
- 25: Turn off?
- smoking, lying
- 26: The reason I joined Tumblr?
- because its for awesome people, duh.
- 27: Fears?
- bloody mary, i freak out at night. fml.
- 28: Last thing that made you cry?
- uhm. i'll keep that to myself thankyou.
- 29: Last time you cried?
- today. or last night. whichever one floats your boat.
- 30: Meaning behind your url
- its my name and birth year
- 31: Last book you read?
- 50 shades. fml. i didnt even finish it.
- 32: Last song you listened to?
- i forgot.
- 33: Last show you watched?
- 34: Last person you talked to?
- 35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
- seat partner?
- 36: Favorite food?
- currently my own pasta.
- 37: Place you want to visit?
- 38: Last place you were?
- getting food at einstein bro
- 39: Do you have a crush?
- 40: Last time you kissed someone?
- this morning. my lil baby girl <3
- 41: Last time you were insulted and what was it?
- yesterday, or the day before. i dont remember. people insult me a lil too much to even remember anymore. ha.
- 42: What color underwear are you wearing?
- hm, brown?
- 43: What color shirt are you wearing?
- grey. ahaaa, you didnt ask sweater. which is purple bdubz.
- 44: What color bottoms are you wearing?
- blue jeans
- 45: Wearing any bracelets?
- 46: Last sport you played?
- 47: Last song you sang?
- i did sing today in the car, to a song i dont remember.
- 48: Last prank call you remember doing?
- haha oh i love prank calls. why dont i do them anymore : /
- 49: Last time you hung out with anyone?
- 50: Favorite movie?
- too many to count.
- oh wow, i'm done. boo.
Clearly I’m bored out of my mind….
1. State your name: Faryal
2. State the name that your parents almost named you: Anushe
3. Which of your relatives do you get along with the most? Mom’s side of the family.
4. What was your first job? Uhm…
5. Did anything embarrassing happen this week? Sure…
6. Do you miss your ex? No.
7. White chocolate or dark chocolate? Mmmm. Dark!
8. Do people praise you for your looks? They don’t praise me, that’s just awkward.
9. What is your favorite color of clothing to wear? Green/Purple
10. How do you wear your makeup? Everyday makeup: Sunscreen, kajaal, chapstick and sometimes some bareminerals…it doesn’t even feel like foundation, lol.
11. What are some of your nicknames? Kiran, kiki, kino
12. How many bedrooms are in your house? 5.
13. How many bathrooms? 4.
14. Do you have a job? Not technically.
15. Do you have a car? Yea.
16. Do you work out every week? Hell to the naw.
18. Have you ever kissed someone you never saw again? No.
19. Have you ever sung in front of a crowd? Yes, 3rd grade in chorus. I can’t sing.
20. What kind of bathing suit do you wear? depends on the crowd.
21. Do you like your eyes? Wish I had green eyes.
22. Do you think you are pretty? Eh.
23. Who was the last person you talked to in person? A chick in front of me in class.
24. How much money is in your account? I really don’t think my followers need to know that to know me.
25. Are you single? Well, I’m not married...
26. Do you want kids? Yes.
27. Tell me what your backpack looks like: It’s grey and white with a hint of purple here and there .
28. What celebrity do you think is hot? John Abraham.
29. Last movie you saw in theatres: Brave.
30. Are you dating the same person you dated last year? Refer to #25.
31. Has someone you were dating ever cheated on you? Not that I know of.
32. Have you ever cheated? Have I? Lawlz.
33. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? Lol, I don’t think so
34. What do you like to do in your spare time? Internet.
35. Do you have a Facebook? Yes.
36. What’s the cutest thing someone’s ever done for you? Surprise me with a huge giftbag near my car and tell me they came to drop it off…but then showed up behind me. =) and randomly surprising me with flowers. loveloveeeflowers <3
37. Who was the last person you texted? Mustafa.
38. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had? Less than one hand
39. How do you look right now? Gross?
40. Who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”? Unconditional
Hunger Games Quiz
JOHANNA I AMMMMM then RUE! ahh i loveeeddd Rue <3
[X] You would do anything to protect your family.
 You have good aim.
 You hate cats.
[X] You like to wear your hair in a braid.
 You find sticking to instructions tough.
[X] You aren’t too fond of people in general.
[X] You hate being indebted to people.
[X] You hold grudges.
 You wouldn’t describe yourself as a warm, friendly person—you’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.
 When you sing, the birds fall silent.
[X] You’re an artist.
[X] You love to bake.
[X] You can decorate well.
 Manipulating people comes naturally for you.
 Your favorite color is orange.
 People tend to be charmed by you.
 You’re a fantastic liar.
[X] You’re a hopeless romantic.
 You have a strong sense of self.
 You question everything.
 You’re very defiant.
[X] You’re spontaneous.
 You’re a rebel with a cause.
 You would do absolutely anything for justice.
 People would describe you as being good-looking.
[X] If your friend was in trouble, you’d do anything to try and help them.
[X] You hate your Government
[X] You don’t mind providing for your family.
 You like sugar cubes.
 Others often describe you as sexy or gorgeous.
 You’ve been used for your looks.
[X] You’re a skilled swimmer.
 When you’re anxious, your hands have to be occupied—with knots or something of that nature.
 You’re very popular, but don’t want to be.
[X] You’re protective.
[X] When the person you love isn’t with you, you feel lost and lonely.
[X] There’s more to you than what people see.
[X] You hate it when people judge you or others before getting to know them.
 You’re innocent.
 You have blonde hair.
[X] You adore animals.
[X] You love helping people in need.
[X] People seem to be fond of you.
 Over time you’ve become quite wise.
[X] You are nurturing.
 When you’re older, you want to be a doctor or a nurse.
 You have an older brother or sister who would do anything for you.
[X] You are very forgiving.
[X] You’re creative.
 You root for the underdog.
[X] You dress simply.
 You stand up for your cause.
[X] Your hair is simple and easily manageable.
 You tend to have brilliant ideas.
 You would be willing to die for a cause.
 You are brave.
 Your ideas are very ‘out there’ and they stand out from the rest.
[X] You aren’t like anybody you live with.
 You’re somewhat materialistic.
 You’ve dyed your hair a wild color.
 You’re somewhat naive.
 You’re chirpy.
 You’re punctual and hate lateness.
 Etiquette is important to you.
 You’re rich.
 You can be considered an airhead.
 While you may seem shallow, you have hidden depths.
 You hate where you work.
[X] You’re very sarcastic.
 You get drunk very often
 People might find you condescending.
 Outsmarting others is a talent of yours.
 You’re very lonely.
 You’re very intelligent.
[X] You tell it like it is.
[X] You’re dependent on something/someone.
[X] You’re grumpy.
 You’re cunning.
 You’re a bold, gutsy person.
[X] People might call you crazy.
[X] You want things to be fair.
[X] You’ve had a rough time in life.
[X] You really don’t like most people.
[X] You have short hair.
 You don’t like being in water.
 You’re defiant.
[X] You’re lonely.
[X] You have bad memories which you can’t seem to let go of.
[X] You love music.
[X] You’re small and graceful.
 You hum often.
 You inspire others.
[X] You’re always hungry.
[X] People underestimate you.
 You’re innocent.
[X] You’re smarter than you look.
 You’re an underdog.
 You’re a good singer
Liebowitz Social Anxiety.
32(fear) + 28(avoidance) = 60
You have moderate social anxiety.
The scoring scale:
55-65 Moderate social phobia
65-80 Marked social phobia
80-95 Severe social phobia
Greater than 95 - Very severe social phobia
First day back at College with the Hijab.
Insecure as I already am, I prayed to Allah to make the day easy for me before stepping foot into my car to drive to campus.
Things were different now.
I had a hijab on.
People knew I was muslim.
Before I could easily just blend myself into the crowd because I was short or I just walked too fast.
Now, it’s like *STARE* yet I’m still making my feet speed to this class or that class.
This was what was going on inside my head :
“I FEEL SO AWKWARD”
^ These sound like texts, not thoughts.
Then a biffles told me, “Don’t worry you’re doing it for Allah.”
Oh yeah, of course. I completely forgot who I was doing it for and my reasons behind it.
That made things easier for me to get through the day and I started noticing benefits on gloomy and rainy days.
benefit one : If it’s sprinkling very lightly, you don’t have to take out an umbrella for your hair. Your hijab is already taking care of it.
benefit two : If it’s getting a little chilly, you don’t need ear warmers. Your hijab is already taking care of that too.
Making myself look at the other benefits of wearing the hijab helped me get through the day even easier. I already don’t talk to practically 98% of the people that go to ECU so people not talking to me was something I was already used to and it didn’t even matter. I’m here to study this semester and come out with good grades. InshAllah that is how it’s going to be.
Therefore, conclusion :
It really wasn’t that bad. I didn’t feel like anyone was treating me badly from the professors or students. I was the only one making it feel awkward for myself in the end.
WOO. Day One Complete! :D
Now i’m sleepy.
take care <3
1. It’s Jan 1st, 2012 and I am bored and tired of this year already, but I hope that this year brings me happiness and lets me grow as a person who finds their purpose or at least gets closer to finding it.
2. I really do love him and he means everything to me. I can’t wait to actually begin my life with him by my side.
3. I only sing in my car or when I’m alone in the house. My voice sucks and that is probably why I was never picked for chorus in elementary school.
4. I want to do something big, something meaningful, something that effects a lot of people and has a worth. Whatever it is, it should be a positive thing.
5. I want to learn more about my religion, yet even after having so much time, I don’t sadly.
6. I am so excited to plan my own wedding.
7. I love taking pictures, but kinda wish someone would include me in them than just being the one taking them. Kinda gets annoying.
8. I definitely love couple dancing and cute small or big things :D :D
9. I am short -_____- and I text a lot.
10. My friends mean everything to me. i love them <3
My ProjectMuslimah Video for this week!! :D
New Years Sunday 2012 (by ProjectMuslimah)
2012. A new year. A new beginning. A new start.
There will be changes in this year.
Mostly inner, but outer as well whether it’s physically or socially.
It is time for a change.
I need a change.